By A.Kirk Grayson
During this, the 7th quantity to be released through the Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia undertaking, A. Kirk Grayson provides the texts of the royal inscriptions from the sooner section of the Neo-Assyrian interval, a time during which the Assyrian kings campaigned so far as the Mediterranean and got here into direct touch with biblical lands. during this interval the Assyrian empire embraced many of the civilized components of western Asia together with western Iran, Mesopotamia, southern Turkey, and the seashores of the Levant. It used to be a thrilling and tumultous interval concerning palace revolutions and harem intrigues, and it was once a time during which the mythical Semiramis performed a widespread role.The inscriptions converse of the kings' development of palaces and temples in quite a few components of Assyria, of the gods who have been invoked to bless their agencies, of revolutions and a large number of army conquests. each one textual content is observed via a quick creation, a list of exemplars, statement, bibliography, transliteration, translation, and notes. The e-book includes an advent to the quantity as an entire and indexes. 'Scores,' released on microfiche, can be found in a pocket behind the e-book.
Read Online or Download Assyrian Rulers of Early First Millennium BC I (1114-859 B.C.) (Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia Assyrian Period, RIMA 2) PDF
Best history_1 books
;Kawanishi N1K Kyofu [Aircraft Profile 213] КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Название: Kawanishi N1K Kyofu Автор: Rene J. Francillon Серия: plane Profile 213 Издательство: Profile guides Ltd Год издания: 1972 Страниц:22 Формат: PDF в rarЯзык: английский Размер: 28. 03 Мб Для сайта: Мир книгГидросамолет - истребитель Kawanishi N1K Kyofu создан в начале 1942 года, но практически Императорский флот Японии стал получать новую машину только в конце 1943-го.
Writer: Cambridge, collage press book date: 1912 topics: electrical radiation Notes: this can be an OCR reprint. there is typos or lacking textual content. There aren't any illustrations or indexes. if you purchase the overall Books version of this ebook you get loose trial entry to Million-Books. com the place you could choose from greater than one million books at no cost.
- The 2000-2005 World Outlook for Monochrome Televisions (Strategic Planning Series)
- Picknick mit Bären.
- hakin9 - 2007 - 6
- The Russo-Japanese War in Global Perspective: World War Zero (History of Warfare, Vol. 29) (History of Warfare)
- History of Early Childhood Education: A History (Source Book on Educaton)
- Women, Language and Linguistics: Three American Stories from the First Half of the Twentieth Century (Routledge Studies in the History of Linguistics)
Extra resources for Assyrian Rulers of Early First Millennium BC I (1114-859 B.C.) (Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia Assyrian Period, RIMA 2)
MEŠ-IÛF Ìp-pár-ŠÌ-du i 62-88) In my accession year: 20,000 Musku with their five kings, who had held for 50 years the lands Alzu (i 65) and Purulumzu — bearers of tribute and tithe to the god Aššur, my lord — (the Musku), whom no king had ever repelled in battle, being confident of their strength they came down (and) (i 70) captured the land Katmuhu. With the support of the god Aššur, my lord, I put my chariotry and army in readiness (and), not waiting for my rear guard, I traversed the rough terrain of Mount Kašiiari.
It is odd that he does not mention the fact that Aššur-rêša-iši i rebuilt the Anu-Adad temple (RIMA 1 pp. 7-8). 2-4 are successively later. CATALOGUE Ex. Museum number Registration number VA 8255 IM no number Ass number Ass ph number Assur provenance Lines preserved 22980 6905-09 South corner of west ziqqurrat of Anu-Adad temple, eA5v i 1 94 ii 1-102 ììì 1 103 Anu-Adad temple BM 91033 K 1 6 2 1 a - 13871 + 16923 BM 91034 K 1619a H-1633 K 1620+ 13714 + 13781 + 13788, K 1740 + 6711 + 13715 + 13716 + 13717+ 13836 + 13844+ 13869 + 14153, K 1803, K 1804, K 2749 + 14204, K 6706, K 13882, K 13883, K 14212 K 1622+ 1623 + 1624+ 1627 + iv 1-101 v 1-100 vi 1-105 vii 1-114 viii 1-90 As ex.
88) 89) 90) 91) KUR i-su-a KUR da-ri-a šap-su-te la-a ma-gi-ri ak-šud GUN ù ma-da-ta VGV-šu-nu ú-kín pa-an áa-šur EN-ia ú-šad-gil-šu-nu-tì iii 88-91) I conquered the rebellious and insubmissive lands of Isua (and) Daria. I imposed upon them tribute and impost (and) made them vassals of the god Aššur, my lord. 92) i-na a-ša-re-du-ti-ia-ma iii 92 - iv 4) With my prowess, with which I conquered enemies, I took my chariotry and army (and) (iii 95) crossed the Lower Zab. I conquered the lands Murattas (and) Saradaus which are within the rough terrain of Mounts Asaniu (and) Atuma.
Assyrian Rulers of Early First Millennium BC I (1114-859 B.C.) (Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia Assyrian Period, RIMA 2) by A.Kirk Grayson